Sunday, January 1, 2012

The first day of 2012



I ended up my 2011 beautifully.

Never thought it would happen before the clock strikes 12am. At that particular time, I felt that the world is fair, superbly awesome. And there are people who actually have good hearts in them. 

The amazing night started when I went to NewYork Restaurant with Mom, Dad and my brother Ameen. It was SOMETHING for me because having my brother by our side is a rare situation and hard to find the suitable time to gather and spent hours with him. 

He is a married man...
A Doctor who works in Melaka..
A father to be....

Busy is his middle name. Thats why I am so honored we could eat a perfect dinner together. And every meals we ordered, they tasted so good. Or maybe I was too happy and felt like everything surround me is more than perfect. (I dont blame myself - or maybe its true!)

To cut a long story short, around 9pm, while having my dinner, I received a text from Ain through Whatsapp and she invited me and her other friends to her house for a barbeque ! And sort of a house warming. It was impromptu and I told myself 'Why not?' as at that time, I have yet plan anything for New Year Eve and only God knows how longing I was to have a barbeque with friends and watch fireworks with them.

 I have never celebrated New Year Eve before. Previous years , when they shouted 'Happy New Year' with their friends, I was fine asleep or maybe I only spent 'the day' with my family as what I have always been doing. It didnt catch my interest considering the celebration. I didnt care at all . Until now,to me New Year is nothing. Its just a number. The calendar 2011 has changed to 2012. Like previous years before. December turned into new month January. Like previous months ago.

But of course everyone would  want to have their own goals, no? As for me,I want to strive to be a better Muslimah,and never tinggal solat . Its my goal to be like one as this date , 1/1/2012 shows that we could start from zero. Easy to memorize. 

But the same goes to my birthday, and Awal Muharram... The goal has been the same.....

So...............

Whats the fuss about New Year Eve? Chill. Its just a number. It happens every year!!!!  (This is my personal opinion - do not judge. HAHA.) but ok laa I hope this year would bring joy and happiness to all of us especially Muslims. May Allah bless us. ;) ;) ;)

Ok back to the actual story :

I asked Ain whether Azim could join us. Ain said he is most welcomed so Azim fetch me up and headed to Ain's new house at Datuk Sulaiman. The house is suprisingly huge and afar different from the same type of the house. Ain was so excited showing me each one of the rooms as she chose every colors of the rooms in that house. From living room,to the kitchen and the bedrooms. That brilliant lady. A doctor to be and could one day be an interior designer. ;)

Ain and her parents served lots of food. More than 10 different food! MasyaAllah may Allah bless their family! Danial was there helping with the barbeque (Bonus points from Ain's parents,Ehem!!) and there was a close-family of Ain's that helped serving the good food and just lazing around inside the house watching TV and etc. Azim ate lotsa grilled lambs and chicken until I was the one who noticed how many chicken and lamb bones he left on his another plate and yet still eating new ones on new plate. There were marshmellows, grilled lambs and chicken, Carbonara spaghetti, fruits, nasi goreng and oh my gosh terlalu banyak!

It was so sweet of them kan :)

Oh the thing that made me smile when Ain's father placed two chairs for me and Azim to eat and said "Ilham,Azim duduk sini,tapi...Boleh pandang-pandang,jangan pegang-pegang,duduk renggang-renggang.." He actually sang that song. Cute kan!

hhahaha Everyone laughed and Ain told me "Ham, kau kene sabar dengan ayah aku. Imagine aku dapat mcm tu everytime aku nak keluar...Hahaha!"

;) Azim was a bit shy that time but me, I was acting macho but deep inside I was sooo shy. Hehe

At 11.50pm Ain loudly spoke to us (Me,Azim and Danial), "korang jom tengok fireworks!!!" . Wanted to go just at the Padang Sulaiman, but when heading there,we bumped into Eric and Effa which they were heading to Ain's house. Azim asked Eric "Eric, kau ada cousin kan dekat TTDI Hills?". Eric nodded and off we went up to the hills!!!!!!!! 

Everything was impromptu !!!

So we spent our last minutes of 2011 and and our first seconds of 2012 being on top of the hills with the TTDI Hills people who are watching the fireworks from The Curve and One Utama =) It was amazzzinnnngggg!!!! Surrounded with my loved ones (Psst,Azim was there!!!! Of course I am happy!) to celebrate my new 2012 is something that I will appreciate and cherish the most in the future. I have always wanted to sit and watch fireworks on top of the hills with my close friends. And yesterday was THE day =) I was so mesmerized with the fireworks.

 We headed back to Ain's house around 12.20am and continue eating the food :) Took some pictures together and tidy up the things before everyone went back home :)

It was a perfect moment. Who knows with the late notice and impromptu ,it could gather the six of us at one time.

Just perfect. Alhamdulillah :)




















Happy New Year lovelies!!! 
May the ride be a splendid one. 
Amin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment